Duration of presentations
- Key note session
25 minutes speaking time, 5 minutes for Q&A
- Invited speaker session
60 minutes session time, you may divide your own format of the session
- Oral abstract presentations
8 minutes speaking time, 2 minutes for Q&A
- All other sessions, please check the website for the speaker time
Please view the final programme here. As speaker, arrive at your assigned meeting room at least 10 minutes before the session which your presentation is planned in starts.
Speakers should take place in the front row seats to allow smooth transition from one talk to another.
Important: disclosure slide
We like to encourage a green disclosure slide in which you reflect on your own efforts towards a sustainable planet.
Some examples are; travel to ESPCI with train and not by plane. I don’t use any plastic bags while grocery shopping, eating less meat or isolating your house.
Speaker Slide Center
Upon registration please visit the speakers desk, located on the ground floor. Please note, you can skip the attendee registration line when entering the facility.
During ESPCI, there will be a Speaker Slide Center where you can upload, check and edit your presentations if needed. Technical assistants will be available. Please find below the openings hours of the speaker slide center.
- Thursday 1 June: 07:30 – 17:00 hrs.
- Friday 2 June: 07:30 – 17:00 hrs
- Saturday 3 June: 08:00 – 12:00 hrs.
Speaker Slide Management system
Regardless in which session you will be presenting (parallel or plenary session) we ask you to use the Speaker Slide Management system of ESPCI.
To upload your PowerPoint slides for your lecture, we use an online portal where your can upload your presentation in advance. The inlog details for this portal you have received by email.
- Upload your presentation(s) at least 24-hours before start of your session;
- Upload you presentation(s) as PPT file, aspect ratio 16:9 widescreen. Make sure you have saved your file as pptx file and not as an older version (no Apple/keynote presentations or PDF file);
- If you want to use images, videos or animations in your PPT presentation you are requested to embed those in your presentation. Do not use hyperlinks to external sources.
You can upload one or more presentation files through the personalized upload-portal by simply dragging your file to the upload screen.
This process can easily be completed in the comfort of your own home. If you want to upload a newer version of your presentation, you can do this by making use of the same personal link above. The old version of the file will be archived and the new version will automatically be used for the presentation. This ensures that the presentation files used by the software and in the event are always the latest, up-to-date version.
How to upload your slides in the Speaker Slide Management system?
- Use your personal inlog link
- In the menu click on “Files” and then on “Add files”
- You are now on the upload page. There are two ways to select your files here:
- Drag the file from another window and drop it on the large white area
- Click on the button “Select files” and use the popup to find the file on your computer.
- If you have selected the files, press the button “Start upload”.
- Your files have now been uploaded and need to be assigned. In the textbox type part of the presentation title to find the correct presentation.
- Click on “Next step”.
- Your files are being analyzed. This checks if there are any potential problems with the files that you just uploaded. Any issues found don’t need to be addressed now, but it is recommended to look into it later.